Tuesday 30 December 2008

Visit to the doctor

Another midnight feed - definitely something happening here.

Had plenty of visitors for lunch - Tito & the girls, Abuelo & Abuela and Bisa. Today was Tita's birthday, and she came round after work to join us for coffee and a very chocolaty cake. When Daddy got home from work it was present-giving time and then we had to rush off to my doctor's appointment - Mummy and Daddy had decided my midnight awakenings, change of feeding patterns, and extra crying needed to be looked at. Also we can check my weight properly - using the home scales (adult+baby - adult weight) is a bit inexact.

Indeed I am underweight (4850 g, 62 cm) but we'll wait and see what happens on my "official" appointment next month. The latest changes are probably due to my gums being a bit inflamed - teeth not coming out just yet, but apparently gums can flare up occasionally ahead of time. Also I may be going through a growing spurt and by eating more often I stimulate Mummy into producing more milk.

Rush, rush, rush. Off down Fuencarral road to Miguel's (Mummy's hairdresser) house for a quick snip. Mummy already looked smashing, but now she's even better!

From there we headed off to Mummy's old neighbourhood for another birthday at one of the good local restaurants. Not really a late night as tomorrow is still a work day for Daddy.