Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Year's Eve

Arranged to meet all the Fuengi crowd at a bar in Mummy's old neighbourhood. It was a bit smoky and - as I was asleep, it wasn't too cold, and the adults were sat by the door - I was left out in the doorway in my pram to fend for myself. Fine by me, but eventually I woke up and demanded attention. Just then Daddy arrived back from work (they all get to leave early on New Year's Eve at his office) so we went inside. Had to pop out to a friend's van for a quick feed. Daddy is a bit paranoid about me & smoke so he soon took me out again and we had a little walk round and round the square until I fell asleep and was dumped on the doorstep again.

We left soon after that to a different bar for a quickie before we had to head off so I could get some decent kip at home.

Lately Mummy, Daddy, Abuelo, Abuela & Bisa have all spent New Year's Eve with Abuela's brother & family in Pozuelo and this year was no exception though Tita & co didn't come this time as it was Tito's parent's turn this year. Abuela brought the lamb, we brought some red cabbage, and the hosts put up the rest. Then we (well, not me) all eat a grape (a Spanish tradition for good luck) with every one of the last 12 chimes of the year...