Wednesday 15 October 2008

Visit to the doctor's

Abuela popped by this morning. At lunchtime Abuelo came over too, and so did Daddy (he is working close to home today as part of his course), so we all had lunch together.

Later that afternoon, when Daddy finished work, we had a nice walk down Hortaleza to visit a friend and give him a housewarming present (a plant you hand on the wall) which was well received. Before setting back an old lady asked Daddy how old I was and he told her "just over a month". Well she was scandalised! She stormed off muttering "I can't believe you have him out on the street so young". She must be old school (in some places they think it's bad for your soul to leave the house before you are 40 days old).

After that we walked up Fuencarral, stopped for a coffee, and went to visit the doctor. I'm absolutely fine, and I have put on over a kilo since I was born! I now weigh 3680g and I'm 57cm tall. Next appointment in a month's time, when I'll be getting some vaccinations. Hope they don't hurt too much.