Friday 10 October 2008

Stormy day

Daddy & I both have a bit of a cold. Daddy has a slight chill but all I have is a bit of a runny nose. Mummy seems OK, a bit of a sore throat yesterday morning but it suddenly cleared up. Not fun, but not too bad. Another first I suppose, but not one of my favourites.

Oh, and a first for Grandpa: he got the courage to hold me in his arms for the first time, so we took a photo for posterity.

Yesterday's bad weather is turning into a full scale gale so we decided to go out for a walk to the Dutch supermarket again. This time it was open so the adults splurged on all sorts of lovely stuff which is either immoral or fattening (nothing is illegal in Holland). On the way back the gale really picked up. We stopped off at another supermarket (a Spanish one this time) and I nearly got blown away in the buggy because of the wind tunnel effect in the side street. Daddy even had to help some OAPs to cross the street.

Auntie did a lovely paella for lunch, and then one of Daddy's friends came to visit with her daughter. She brought me a lovely winter jumpsuit for cold Madrid days or to go out in the snow in the mountains.