Monday 27 October 2008

5 hours sleep

I think I'm getting the hang of this day and night stuff. Night is dark and quiet I think, and there seems to be more going on in the daytime. So it seems logical to do a bit more sleeping at night-time, right? Just to check it out last night I slept for 5 hours straight. Mummy seemed pretty pleased about it.

Had a little walk and then bumped into a friend of Mummy's in Olavide so we had a drink. Then we went home to make some chestnut purée (no doubt to go with the roasted chestnuts, the chestnut pie and the chestnut casserole). Abuela came by to babysit and Mummy left for her first massage and pampering session she had gotten for her birthday. Here I had my first proper feed entirely by bottle! I'm doing all these grownup things today, and also it's just a matter of time I give someone my first proper smile (as opposed to smiling in my sleep).

It's no longer summer and the days are getting colder, and the heating doesn't seem to be working. Luckily Mummy found an electrician just downstairs while we were buying a bulb, and he came up. Turns out all we need is new batteries (the ones we have just have enough juice to show the control panel, but not enough to tell the heater to start). So I won't suffer frostbite this year.

New sleeping rules: 8ish feeding is followed by bath. Then 11ish feeding is followed by cot. We've been following this more-or-less up til now but now we'll make sure we stick to it rigurously.