Monday 6 October 2008

Daddy's birthday

Big day for Daddy, he is 33 today! Both his and Mummy's mobile ran out of battery overnight and the poor thing will have to do with late felicitations from everybody. As it was his birthday I let him think his latest theory for getting me to sleep works (letting me cry for one or two full periods so I am so knackered I fall asleep - his reasoning is that there isn't anything wrong with me unless I go for a third bout). So to make him happy overnight I cried for a bit and fell into a deep sleep until the next feeding time.

Anyways, on with the road trip! After a late start we continued onto another, much bigger, beech forest and natural park, the Hayedo de la Tejera Negra. And here we did my first trek. I was in a sort of joey pouch facing Daddy and we did about 3 hours on a circular route, plus a bit for feeding.

After a very late lunch we continued down some more nice roads (but not as amazing as yesterdays) and even got a bit lost and ended up in a village in the middle of nowhere. Mummy & Daddy had underestimated the time a bit and it was really late before we got to Madrid (also due to trying to find a working telephone to phone ahead) and headed for Abuelo & Abuela's house for dinner. It was so late and everybody was so knackered (Daddy especially, after blowing out his candles) that we stayed there for the night.