Monday 13 October 2008

Daddy returns to work

A sad day for all, but more so for Daddy as he goes back to work today. The paternal leave (2 weeks in Spain) plus the holidays have just flown past. At least he starts off slow, he has 2 days of lectures and 2 days at one of the branches to "get to know the business". So Mummy and I rose to the challenge of being on out own for most of the day.

I didn't have a good night's sleep, all this snot is making breathing difficult, so Mummy made an "emergency" appointment for me with the doctor for the afternoon. We spent the morning passing by the post office to pick up more presents for me, and then had a little walk. Both Tita and Daddy mentioned something about a snot hoover over the phone, and after lunch the doctor (a different one from my usual one, as she is on holiday) confirmed it - yes it was a good idea, and also made sure my cold wasn't anything serious.

Since Mummy's breasts are way more humongous than usual (ever since the pregnancy started really, but even more so since I was born) she only has 2 bras that fit her, and one could do with a renewal, so we arranged to meet Abuela at the Corte Ingles and got Mummy a breastfeeding bra. We also bought the famous snot hoover, a sort of rubber hose with a filter at the end. The filter bit goes up my nose, and the other end is where Mummy or Daddy suck (the filter is so they don't end up with my snot in their throat). Then we waited for Daddy and went looking for a book on Soria, which is the present we want to give Mummy's gynaecologyst. No luck sadly, we'll look again tomorrow.

In the evening Daddy had a first go sucking on the snot hoover while Mummy pinned me down and kept the other end up my nose. Not too sure I like this. It may do the trick, but it's definetly not a pleasant experience. I let them know.