Wednesday 12 November 2008

Swedish furniture shop again

Doing a bit of playing with my hands today. Not quite sure what they are for or who's they are, but they seem to end up in my mouth a lot.

Abuela came over early afternoon and we made another trip to the famous Swedish furniture shop (which I'll only mention by name if they pay for the advertising space). Got some more useless essentials we can't do without.

Most of my presents when I was born were for the 3-6 month range, and I'm beginning to fit into the smaller stuff. Here's a pic with me in one of the first presents I ever got.

Cultural note: South Americans are famous for giving their kids weird and wondrous names (mostly stuff like Walter and Chardonnay, which doesn't suit a surname like Gonzalez too well), so much so that some have become part of the urban myth circle. One such name is Iloveny - which derives from I love NY. Another favourite is Usnavy, supposedly derived from US navy ships anchored off Puerto Rico. And we also apparently have a Kevin Costner de Jesús. However, just like the moon landings, there is no definite proof these names actually exist.