Sunday 28 September 2008

Piticli

Partly as Mummy never got round to celebrating her birthday with the usual crowd, but mostly in my honour, today we had a little lunch party at home. Spent the morning finishing the cooking we started last night, and spent the afternoon eating it all.

Got me a nickname today as well - Piticli. It's a term of endearment for small pets, now famous all over Spain thanks to an Muchchada Nui sketch, in which Enjuto Mojamuto kills his pet canary by cuddling it too much. One of Mummy's friends did the exact same thing when she was younger, so when she picked me up to cuddle me everybody shouted "watch out Piticli!"

Lately I'm not getting much sleep. I've no idea what it is. Spent the first two weeks doing not much more than eating & sleeping, but now I spend quite a lot of my day awake. Maybe it's gasses, maybe my hectic lifestyle... We also had a go at modifying my cot so that I could start sleeping in it. We raised the mattress and put a couple of rolled-up towels each side so I don't feel so small. I think I like it.

Had a nice evening walk to settle down and to make up for spending the whole day yesterday at home.